Foster Parent Support Services
Good Hearts will provide ongoing case management services and will be available to foster families at all times. Good Hearts’ Case Managers will provide all foster families with continuous support and needed training prior to and after verification including, but not limited to:
- ensuring foster parent compliance with training requirements;
- providing Texas Health Steps materials to verified foster homes at least annually;
- distributing HHSC information to foster parents regarding the Medicaid Medical Transportation Program;
- contacting foster homes within seven (7) calendar days following a placement to assess whether the child’s needs are being met in the foster home and to evaluate how the child is adjusting to the foster home;
- making at least one foster home visit per month per family (or more if needed);
- providing weekly contact to foster families;
- coordinating and providing assistance with setting up respite care as needed;
- providing additional ongoing assessments of foster parents’ abilities to meet the needs of the children in care;
- monitoring foster homes on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with all licensing and contract standards as well as with Good Hearts’ policies and procedures; and
- providing additional support services to foster parents as needed and required.
Case Managers can be reached by phone during office hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Case Managers (as well as other professional staff) also have cell phones making them accessible to foster families when they are not in the office during office hours. Good Hearts also has an on-call system in order to be available after office hours to handle emergencies or crisis situations and to support the immediate needs of the foster family and children.